今天要介紹的是新試題中題目和法律、宣言有關的 18 題考題。照例, 有些答案不只我列出來的這樣, 但我列的是我背的部份。
1. What is the supreme law of the land?
2. What does the Constitution do?
Sets up the government.
Define the government.
Protects basic rights of Americans.
3. The idea of self-government is in the first three words of the Constitution. What are these words?
We the people.
4. What is an amendment?
A change and An addition to the Constitution.
5. What do we call the first ten amendments to the Constitution?
The Bill of rights.
6. What is one right or freedom from the First Amendment?
7. What did the Declaration of Independence do?
Announced our independence.
8. What are two rights in the Declaration of Independecnce?
9. What is the “rule of law”?
Everyone must follow the law.
10. Who makes federal laws?
11. Who signs bills to become laws?
12. Who vetoes bills?
13. What does the judicial branch do?
Decides if a law goes against the Constitution.
14. What is the highest court in the United States?
The Supreme Court.
15. Under our Constitution, some powers belong to the federal government. What is one power of the federal government?
To print money.
16. Under our Constitution, some powers belong to the states. What is one power of the states?
Give a driver’s license.
17. What happened at the Constitutional Convention?
The Constitution was written.
18. What did the Emancipation Proclamation do?
Freed the slaves.